Admission process To apply to University Kigali, simply fill out the appropriate application form. Applications for Fall(September Intake) entry generally open in early July and applications for Winter(January Intake) entry generally open in early November; whereas applications for Summer(May Intake) entry generally open in early March.
1. Go to the Online Application page by clicking the button below:
2. Select the application form that applies to you. Complete the application form and submit it electronically. You will then be re-directed to the payment page and International applicant will be asked to submit an application fee of $25USD Via Visa card; Local Citizen Applicants do not pay an application fee. (Exception: Local Students applying for transfer from other Higher Learning institutions pay 5000Rwf as Exemption fee via Urubuto pay or Visa card).
3. Following the payment you will have the option to upload any supporting documents for your application. If you are not able to submit your application electronically, you can apply directly from Admissions Office, in person during our regular business hours the following address:
– Admissions Office
Kigali, Kacyiru, KG 541 St, Kigali
Phone: +250 788303386/ +250789009221/ +250788303385 Rwanda
* Unofficial (provisional/Scans) documents submitted can be accepted in order to make a conditional offer of provisional admission. Original/official documents must be submitted for verification in order to confirm any such Admission offer upon reporting.
4. In the days following the submission of your application, you will receive an email with your log-in information to access your myUoK portal where you will be able to track the status of your application.
5. Once we begin evaluating applications for a given cycle, admissions files are assessed on a rolling basis. What this means is that as soon as all required documents are received, our Admissions office will complete an initial evaluation within 5 business days. (Exception: University/College Transfer Students applying for Exemptions, which need to be evaluated based on their academic Transcripts and performance as well).
6. Upon Success passing Application processing, you Provisional admission and fees Structure via both email and MyUoK portal; you will have to accept our offer of admission and proceed with registration process.
7. Complete registration process electronically to get registration number and Official Admission Letter. You will then be re-directed to the payment page and International applicant will be asked to submit Registration fee of $75USD together with Caution fee of $75USD(Refundable) Via Visa card; whereas Local Citizen Applicant will be asked to submit Registration fee of 40.000Rwf together with Caution fee of 25.000Rwf(Refundable) via Urubuto pay or Visa card). Note: International Students receive VISA-TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN to facilitate Student Visa application from their home country or at immigration office if already in Rwanda; Whereas All Transfer Students receive Excemption Letter